I’m going back to Zimbabwe in just over a month – and I can’t wait. When I reach Zimbabwean soil, what’s the first thing I want to do? The problem is that I can’t pick just one thing – there are too many.
So … time for a list.
I’ve done some of the things on this list before and just want to do them again. Some of them have huge significance to me. Some are things I really should have done a long time ago. Some are just vague aspirations that could come true in a hundred different ways.
I’ll keep the list short here – and when I’ve completed something, I’ll hyperlink to the details … stay tuned!
My holiday bucket list:
- Eat a huge plate of Mozambican prawns
- Go gorge swinging over the Zambezi River
- Buy a hand-painted tablecloth at Doone Estate
- Buy a vase from Kiki’s
- Visit Harare City Library
- Have tea at Bulawayo Club
- See the view from Camp Amalinda
- Go bream fishing
- See the miniature ponies at Nesbitt castle
- Climb a big rock
- Watch a sunrise
- Watch a sunset
- Eat sadza ne relish
- Get away from it all
- Hang with the cool kids at Mbare Muskia
- Eat raw sugarcane
- Have a Tropicana orange
- Meet someone new and learn something from them
- See the art at Gallery Delta
- Meet Sylvester the cheetah
PS – Yes, I am slightly embarrassed at how many things on my list are related to food.