GreatZimbabweGuide.com focuses on Zimbabwe travel and lifestyle, but there are many other useful websites on politics, literature and wildlife. Here are some websites that I can recommend for anyone with an interest in Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe news and current affairs websites:
- The Zimbabwean – Current affairs newspaper, edited by Wilf Mbanga, a respected journalist who was declared an enemy of the people in his native Zimbabwe
- David Coltart Newsroom – Current affairs headlines from Zimbabwe, curated by a previous Minister of Education
- Mail & Guardian’s Zimbabwe news – Prestigious South African newspaper’s coverage on Zimbabwe
- Trevor Ncube’s recent articles on Mail and Guardian – Comments from this respected Zimbabwean publisher
- Nehanda Radio – Independent current affairs newspaper based in Zimbabwe
- Alex Magaisa’s Big Saturday Read – Alex is a lawyer and political commentator; I’m a big fan of his insightful and up-to-date articles
- Evan Mawarire’s Facebook page – Pastor Evan started a citizen’s movement and the #ThisFlag hashtag, and is one of the most influential Zimbabweans of his time
I also encourage you to follow the social media profiles of the people above so that you can stay up-to-date.
Zimbabwe wildlife and wilderness websites:
- Parks and Wildlife Authority – Zimbabwe’s National Parks & Wildlife Management Authority, a governmental body which oversees the national wildlife reserves
- Zimbabwe National Parks Facebook Group – a group that provides discussion and files related to Zimbabwe’s national parks. You will need to join the group and then be approved by an admin.
- Flora of Zimbabwe – Descriptions, photos and information about plant life in Zimbabwe
- UNESCO Great Zimbabwe – An overview of Great Zimbabwe Ruins published by UNESCO
- VictoriaFalls24 – News about the Victoria Falls region, including Zimbabwe, Zambia and Botswana.
- Find it Fast – an online noticeboard for local businesses and services
- Zimbabwe yellow pages – another online noticeboard for local businesses and services
Zimabwe websites for families and those with children:
- Zimbabas news – a source of information for parents with children, primarily in Harare
Zimbabwe travel info websites:
- Embassy UK – Zimbabwe Embassy in London, UK
- Embassy USA – Zimbabwe Embassy in Washington, USA
- The IATA travel centre website supplies visa and health information for Zimbabwe, including transit visa requirements, tailored to your own nationality and travel details
If you’re looking for a good book to read during your trip, check out my posts on Zimbabwean books.
Zimbabwe travel quick reference guide
What to pack for a Zimbabwe holiday
Harare travel guide
Victoria Falls travel guide
Great Zimbabwe Monument & Ruins travel guide
Bulawayo travel guide