Great Zimbabwe Guide is an independent travel blog giving practical information, advice, tips and inspiration about Zimbabwe travel. The articles are written by an ex-local and regular Zim visitor, along with some fantastic guest contributors.
The majority of readers are in Zimbabwe, followed by the UK, USA, South Africa and Australia. I run this website (and the associated social media pages) as a passion project, to provide practical, honest information. I do not get paid for the majority of my work, I do not have external investment, and I am transparent about collaborations. I insist on being independent and ethical so that my readers continue to see GZG as a trustworthy source of information on Zimbabwe.
If you represent a company and would like to send me information that you would like me to consider for publication, feel free to send a private message on the Great Zimbabwe Guide Facebook page, or see my email address on the Contact page.
Marketing collaborations with Great Zimbabwe Guide
There are a number of marketing opportunities available with carefully selected partners as follows. All of them include social media promotion.
1. Sponsored posts
- These are articles written and photographed by Beth at Great Zimbabwe Guide, usually involving a personal visit to the lodge/restaurant/venue in question.
- They are subsidized by the sponsor (agreed privately in advance), with the understanding that the writer can express her opinions honestly and openly.
- Here is a sponsored post written in collaboration with Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
- Previous sponsored posts include collaborations with Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, Spurwing Island, Mavhuradonha Kopje Tops, Wild Horizons, Kariba Ferries and Mbizi Game Park.
- Ads are images that are usually placed in the sidebar area of www.GreatZimbabweGuide.com.
- They are hyperlinked to the advertising company’s website.
- The images are created by the advertising company.
3. Promotional posts
- Promo posts are articles (and photos) provided by the advertising company, written on a topic relevant to readers of the website.
- They are published on www.GreatZimbabweGuide.com for a specified fee.
- Here is a promotional post written in collaboration with ManaPools.com.
- Previous promotional posts include collaborations with ManaPools.com, African Budget Safaris and Enchanting Travels.
Giveaways and competition partnerships are also welcome. You can see a full list of previous articles written in collaboration with industry partners here.
Great Zimbabwe Guide will always reveal sponsorships and advertisements to readers – journalistic standards of transparency are a key part of this site’s ethos. When choosing marketing partners, my top priorities are that the companies provide excellent service, have a strong reputation and that they are easily contactable via email and telephone.
Like 99% of websites, I am an affiliate for some of the products that I link to on this site. If readers choose to purchase items via my links I may earn a commission at no extra cost to the reader. I carefully select products that are a right fit. Affiliate links are necessary because they contribute valuable cents towards the running of this site at no extra cost to the reader. Journalistic transparency is a key part of this site’s ethos, and as such I am transparent about sponsorship with my valued readers.
If you would like to discuss affiliation please contact me on the platforms mentioned above.