Introduction to Great Zimbabwe Guide Travel Blog
Great Zimbabwe Guide is an independent travel blog giving practical information and inspiration about Zimbabwe travel. The website was founded by Beth, who was raised in Zimbabwe, now lives in the UK, and is a regular Zim visitor. There are also some fantastic guest contributors to the site.
The majority of readers of Great Zimbabwe Guide are in Zimbabwe, followed by the UK, USA, South Africa and Australia. The website (and the associated social media pages) is a passion project, to provide practical, honest information on this often misunderstood country.
From Beth: I do not receive external investment or stakeholders to cover my time or technical expenses. However, I do work with carefully chosen brands in order to contribute towards the running of the website. I’m transparent about collaborations. I insist on being independent and ethical so that my readers continue to see GZG as a trustworthy source of information on Zimbabwe.
If you represent a company and you’d like to send me information to consider for publication, feel free to send a private message on the Great Zimbabwe Guide Facebook page, or see the email address on the Contact page. The options for brand partnerships are below.
Marketing collaborations with Great Zimbabwe Guide
There are a number of marketing opportunities available with carefully selected partners as follows.
1. Sponsored posts
- These are full-length articles written and photographed by Beth at Great Zimbabwe Guide, usually involving the writer visiting the lodge/restaurant/venue in question.
- The article(s) are published on the Great Zimbabwe Guide website where they will remain for as long as the site is in existence. Photos and a number of social media posts are also published.
- They are subsidized by the sponsor (fee agreed privately in advance), with the understanding that the writer can express her opinions honestly and openly.
- Here is an example of a sponsored post written in collaboration with Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
- Previous sponsored posts include collaborations with Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, Spurwing Island, Mavhuradonha Kopje Tops, Wild Horizons, Kariba Ferries and Mbizi Game Park.
- Ads are images that are usually placed in the sidebar area of www.GreatZimbabweGuide.com.
- They are hyperlinked to the advertising company’s website.
- The images are provided by the advertising company.
- Fees are available on request.
3. Promotional posts
- Promo posts are full-length articles (and photos) provided by the advertising company, written on a topic relevant to readers of the website.
- They are published on www.GreatZimbabweGuide.com for a specified fee. Photos and a number of social media posts are also published.
- Here is an example of a promotional post written in collaboration with ManaPools.com.
- Previous promotional posts include collaborations with ManaPools.com, African Budget Safaris and Enchanting Travels.
Giveaways and competition partnerships are also welcome. You may also discuss affiliate links if they are a right fit. You can see a full list of previous articles written in collaboration with industry partners here.
If you’d like to request a media pack, or ask about pricing, please send a private message on the Great Zimbabwe Guide Facebook page, or see my email address on the Contact page.
Great Zimbabwe Guide will always reveal sponsorships and advertisements to readers – standards of transparency are a key part of this site’s ethos. When choosing marketing partners, my top priorities are that the companies provide excellent service, have a strong reputation and that they are easily contactable via email and telephone.
Like 99% of websites, I am an affiliate for some of the products that I link to on this site. If readers choose to purchase items via my links I may earn a commission at no extra cost to the reader. I carefully select products that are a right fit. Affiliate links are necessary because they contribute valuable cents towards the running of this site at no extra cost to the reader. Journalistic transparency is a key part of this site’s ethos, and as such I am transparent about sponsorship with my valued readers.
If you would like to discuss affiliation please contact me on the platforms mentioned above.